HOW TO USE NEWGEL+
General Directions for Use for NewGel+ Sheeting Products and NewGel+
NEWGEL+ ADVANCED SILICONE SHEETING
- Begin using NewGel+ when wound has healed or sutures have been removed. Do not use on any open wound.
- Remove NewGel+ sheet, tape, or shape from the package. If needed, cut and trim NewGel+ so that it extends at least ½ inch (1 centimeter) beyond the area to be treated.
- Keep packaging for storage of the product when not in use. For large products that come in tubes, store product flat, backing side down.
- Wash and dry the area being treated every time you apply NewGel+.
- Make sure the scar site is free of any creams, lotions, ointments (including NewGel+E gel). If NewGel+ sheeting comes in contact with creams, lotions, ointment or perfumes, it can lose adhesiveness.
- Peel off the release liner and apply NewGel+, adhesive side down, directly on the area being treated.
- Although NewGel+ is a self-adhesive product, if needed it can be secured using medical grade tape, a pressure sleeve or any other preferred method.
If the NewGel+ sheet, strip or shape becomes dirty or loses its stickiness, it may be washed gently with tap water and mild non-moisturizing hand soap then air-dried before reapplying. We recommend washing it after every use.
- NewGel+ sheeting products should be worn every day for 6 to 12 hours per day – the more time NewGel+ is in contact with the scar, the greater the effect.
- NewGel+ sheeting products should be removed once every 12 hours for inspection of the scar site and to allow the site to be washed and thoroughly dried.
- NewGel+ should be used for a minimum of 2 months and additional improvement may occur with use up to 6 months.
- Please remove NewGel+ when showering, bathing or swimming.
- If you have highly sensitive skin, begin using NewGel+ for 4 hours per day for the first 4 days, inspecting the site often. If no significant rashing/irritation occurs, increase usage by 2 hours each day until the desired usage time is reached.
- Each piece of NewGel+ sheeting can last up to 2 weeks with gentle and proper handling.
- NewGel+ should be replaced if it begins to deteriorate, disintegrate, or will not stick.
- Keep unused NewGel+ sheeting products in its container.
NEWGEL+ ADVANCED SILICONE GEL
- Begin using NewGel+E gel when wound has healed or sutures have been removed. DO NOT use on any open wound.
- Wash and dry the area being treated before every application of NewGel+E gel.
- Apply a very small amount of NewGel+E gel to the area being treated, creating a thin layer covering the scar. Gently massage.
- Once dry (typically 1 to 2 minutes), NewGel+E gel can be covered by clothing, cosmetics, sunblock and bandages.
- Apply NewGel+E gel 2 to 3 times daily. Reapplication is recommended after bathing, swimming or exercising.
- DO NOT apply NewGel+E topical silicone gel under NewGel+ sheeting products.
- NewGel+E gel should be worn 12 to 24 hours per day– the more time NewGel+ gel is in contact with the scar, the greater the effect.
- NewGel+E gel should be used for a minimum of 2 months and additional improvement may occur with use up to 6 months.
- If you have highly sensitive skin, apply NewGel+E gel to a small area for 1 to 2 days. If no rash/irritation occurs, apply to entire scar area.
- Store NewGel+E in a cool, dry place when not in use.
FOR OPTIMAL RESULTS
- For optimal results, use NewGel+ silicone sheeting whenever possible and NewGel+E silicone gel whenever the sheeting is not being used to provide 24 hour-a-day coverage. DO NOT USE BOTH PRODUCTS AT THE SAME TIME.
- NEVER use NewGel+E topical silicone gel or any other creams, lotions, ointments or perfumes under NewGel+ sheets or the sheets will lose their adhesiveness.